Wednesday, December 15, 2010

BLUE VALENTINE - Its because I love you most of all....

Last night I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at Blue Valentine (thanks to tups).
WOW it was really intense and I found myself clenching my hands together for most of it, but what an amazing film it really showed the changes I am sure many couples go through.
The epic highs and epic lows of many a relationship, it kinda slapped me in the face a bit.
The performances were brilliant and Michelle Williams is a genius.
The light, cinematography were just beautiful, and the subtle explanations of how they got to where they are is excellent, the characters feel real, its almost like your a voyeur looking in on a relationship in all its complexities.
Be Prepared its not exactly what you might think its going to be, but Derek Cianfrance spent 12 years developing the film and it shows, one of the best i've seen in a while.
OUT BOXING DAY.





No comments: